Virgin America’s lounge at LAX will be closing soon, according to a visitor who posted about it on Reddit.
The Virgin America Loft, as it’s called, is Virgin America’s only airport lounge, but it appears to be an endangered species about to go extinct.
It’s said to be closing in May, so I was grateful to get a chance to check it out recently.
- Delicious local LA beer from Golden Road Brewery, free on tap.
- Not very crowded at all when I was there.
- Plenty of seating with great views of planes taking off and landing.
- In true Virgin America fashion, the lounge has blue lights and a cool, quirky design.
- Not much complimentary food to choose from, though the cookies were good.
- Shirts and shoes required.
The lounge is part of the Priority Pass network of lounges, so entrance is free if you have that membership, which comes free with the Citi Prestige, Chase Sapphire Reserve and American Express Platinum credit cards.
Here are some iPhone photos:
*Update 2.24: Per Travel Codex, the Loft at LAX will be closing on May 10.