I don’t work for Roadtrippers.
Nor was I compensated in any way for this post.
I just really like the app.
The app came out in 2012, but I recently discovered it’s useful not only for road-tripping, but also for planning your exploration of a city.
Here’s why it’s awesome.
- You can plan out your trip, and check things off as you complete them.
- A map of your trip shows you stuff nearby that you added to your list:
- The app organizes your added destinations based on proximity, and it’s easy to check things off as you visit:
- The app provides info and reviews on each location, and makes it easy to request directions or an Uber ride through Google:
- Search specific things or browse stuff that’s nearby and add it to your trip:
- Don’t feel like planning your trip? The app has pre-made trips you can use:
In a foreign country?
Your trips can even be downloaded and accessed without cell service, though features like navigation won’t be accessible.
In the past I would make lists of things I wanted to do, eat or see in a city, based on my research, but I never figured out a good way to organize my trip.
I finally found that in Roadtrippers.
Do you have a similar app that works for you?
If you’d like to check out my first trip with Roadtrippers, I posted a couple videos on my YouTube channel.